Monday 8 May 2017

I am an individual...

I am an individual and that is all I ask that anyone recognize. I have a name, please use it and if you aren’t sure, no fear in asking me what it is... I prefer proper pronouns and if you don’t know how to refer to me then all you need to do is ask. There are some things you shouldn’t ask... and I will only mention them once.

Do not ask:

- About surgeries or hormone replacements
- Sexual preferences or desires
- How much I make in a year

Please ask:

- How I am doing
- What is new or exciting

Pretty much use your head and think about what you would not like to be asked about. It really isn’t rocket science.

I am beaten down every day by those who refuse to acknowledge my existence and by those who intentionally ignore my simple requests. Be that as it may, I continue to live and enjoy each day as best as I can. There are very few... and I do mean a very small number who I am OK with calling me by the name I was given at birth. In reality it still is part of my name so it is somewhat easy to overlook.
Beaten down by ignorance but will always rise.
I did not choose an easy path to live but for me it is the right one. There is no other way I could have continued with life without having accepted who I truly am and needed to be. While the medical community does not make some things easy, I am happy that my physician is helping me through things as best as he can. I ask a lot of him but step by step... I continue to grow as the woman I am. I could not do it without the amazing love and support of many friends. Some from before I was “born”, and some from after. I could with some effort list each and every one but for that, a personal moment between us will do the trick as each one means so much to me for a variety of reasons.
I am an individual and that is all I ask that anyone recognize. I have a name, please use it and if you aren’t sure, no fear in asking me what it is... I prefer proper pronouns and if you don’t know how to refer to me then all you need to do is ask. There are some things you shouldn’t ask... and I will only mention them once.


It just takes a moment of caring... open love.

I hear so much talk about how I should be patient as someone will come into my life... I always reply with the same thing: “If there is a perfect or close to perfect person out there for me... chances are they are a pygmy head-hunter in the jungles of Borneo.” Bullshit... I do believe in fate but I also believe in people accepting people for who they are, not what they are. I have been told by one that they were damaged goods and I wouldn’t be happy... others say they are unlovable... When I hear those things I never go any further as they have made up their own mind about not getting into any kind of meaningful relationship.


I have my thoughts about one person and haven’t had a viable chance to sit and talk with them about everything. Timing has been off and that is OK as they have a life too. Would I want it to work? Oh yes I would as long as I am considered a who and not a what. I also feel that they know who they are...

No comments:

Post a Comment