Thursday 10 October 2019

Social Media, The FInal Chapter...




I have been without Facebook for two years and a little more than a week ago I dumped Instagram. I did leave fair warning on both and let people know if they didn’t have my number or proper email then send me a note and I would give them the information. Too many people have become to rely on social media and such to maintain contact with friends and even relatives. Well, social media does what it is designed to do it seems. Either by design or by fate I really don’t know. To me, social media is walking into a store or restaurant and seeing someone there you know and saying hello, to their faces. Shake their hands, give them a hug whatever...




So, with my leaving social media as it is I gave people a chance to maintain contact. Since leaving the realm of a fantasy online world of likes, love and meme wonders, I have theoretically lost about 400 friends and have literally cleaned the contact list on my “cellular device” of over 40 people. My online phone usage has gone down about 5gig a month, my screen time is down and my image production and research is up about 150%. When I left Instagram a photo subject was concerned that she had no one to tag in the images she posted that I had captured. Well... mention my name in a comment then.




I am thinking that was beyond her comprehension so... bye-bye.

One thing I have noted since leaving the fakery of FB and IG was a rekindling love for my keyboard (piano) as well as books, a closer to thee feeling with my fiancé and meeting a wonderful couple who are becoming an integral part of my life. It is amazing how much was being missed and how work had suffered and so on. Sorry folks, you either send me an email or pick up the damned phone and call me. Is that too hard? I randomly send a text to someone every day and a lot of the time it was at the most perfect moment.






Anyway, My work continues within the realm of the shadow, looking at some fun bodyscape work through the winter as well as developing a certain and ancient source of light to a more modern useable form to use in my imagery. I was once told that I was a Master of Light. Recently I embraced that. Now the teacher who was once a student now becomes the teacher once again.

Walk with me along the shadows edge, take my hand as we drift into the darkness and I will take yours as we regain the light.

1 comment:

  1. Wise words and well said as always - I myself am simplifying and am no longer posting to Instagram - not a fan of the lack of actual interactions. Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete